Ravenshoe has a long history, first being settled earlier this century. The first State School was opened in 1912, but it was not until 1950 that Ravenshoe's first Catholic School was founded in the town. Sister Mary Bernadette (R.S.M.) was the first Principal.
The buildings are made up of old churches, moved to start the school and a new block of classrooms completed in 1996. The building we now call the Resource Centre used to be the original St Teresa's Church and the building that now has the early childhood classrooms used to be the Catholic Church at Irvinebank. When St Teresa's school first opened there were 60 students from year 1 to year 7 in the one classroom.
Saint Teresa's was staffed by the Sisters of Mercy until 1978, but since that time it has been staffed by lay teachers Many of the children at the school have parents and grandparents who came to St Teresa's for their Primary school education.
The school today consists of 6 classrooms, an administration block, a library, a resource centre, a tuckshop, learning support and counsellor rooms, a large playing field, adventure playground and a large undercovered sports shed. The school underwent a refurbishment program in 2006 / 2007.
An extensive building programme was carried out in 2011. A new library, funded through the Building the Education Revolution programme was built and a new administration block was constructed from Block Grant Authority grants.